Valentine’s Day is always a special time of year. Sure, it might be just a “Hallmark” holiday, but that is no reason to ignore the special occasion. For one, this holiday is often characterized by special menus at top restaurants around North America and if you live in Quebec, the Sinclair Restaurant’s Valentine’s Day menu is not one to miss.
Here is what you missed for the Valentine’s Day prix fixe menu, this year. Keep this in mind—and the wine pairings—for your festivities next year with Restaurant Sinclair:
- Atlantic Lobster Bisque made with a saffron sour cream—paired with a 2015 Rugiade Azienda la Travaglina San Guiletta di pavia Riesling
- Homemade ricotta Gnocchi served with sautéed spinach, tarragon cream, and a parmesan tile—paired with a 2016 Domaine du Tariquet Owners Family Grassa Cotes-de-Gascogne
- Yellow Fin Tataki served with apple liana and citrus supremes, passion fruit crumble, and a wasabi mayo—paired with a 2015 Pezat Owners JCP Maltus Nardian Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon-Muscadelle
- Quebec foie gras served with a marbled black truffle pesto, pineapple & mango compote, brioche, and Espelette pepper dust—paired with a 2013 Pesquie Castle AF Chaudiere Pesque Castle Muscat-Beaumes-de-Venise
- Savory tart served with a rosemary-infused goat cheese mousse, caramelized onion jam and roasted walnut chutney, topped with marinated pearl onions—paired with 2015 M. Couillaud Domaine de la Potardiere Muscadet-on-Lie of Sevre et Maine
- Shredded Atlantic lobster served atop a small pea & Parmigianno Arborio rice risotto and a saffron-flavored Gewurztraminer foam—paired with 2015 Kuentz Father & Son Fleur of Alsace Pinot Gris/Blanc-Riesling
- Roasted Australian rack of lamb served with sautéed roasted mini corn and Greek feta samosas stuffed with spinach and bacon, topped with a Meaux mustard sauce—paired with a 2015 Washington Hills Winery Walla Walla Valley Merlot
- Canadian beef steak served with ginger/yuzu-infused organic carrot puree and Brussels sprouts and cauliflower—paired with a 2015 Woodwork Wines Cellars Batch 2016 Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fillet of sea bream served with lemon oil, caramelized beetroot puree, mini roasted radish, and sautéed fennel and edamame—paired with a 2016 Peter Lehmann Wines Layer’s Adelaide Semillon-Pinot Gris-Gewurtzraminer-Muscat Blend
- Roasted Chicken Ballotine served with langoustines (various stuffed scampis) and a lemon basil cream sauce atop wild rice and caponata—paired with a 2016 Thorn-Clarke Wines Angaston Valley South Astralian “Milton Park” Chardonnay
- Chocolate shell served with a biscuit crumble, tangerine mousse, chocolate sauce with Tonka beans and a Chocolate Domo-style shell—paired with a 2015 Domaine du Tariquet “Last Grives” Lauzes Petit-Manseng.